7 Point SEO Checklist For Increasing Ecommerce Sales
- Digital marketing
- Business SEO Checklist, E-commerce SEO, ecommerce seo 2019, Ecommerce SEO Checklist, off page seo checklist 2019, seo for ecommerce 2019, Simple SEO Checklist for Ecommerce
- January 2, 2019
Big or small, every website needs SEO to get better ranking on search engine. SEO helps you to get more organic web traffic, higher ranking on search engine, and better conversion rates. If you sell your products online, and you want your e-commerce business to be successful then you need to focus on your SEO.
SEO can really help you to grow your e-commerce business. If your website comes up to the first page of Google’ SERPs then eventually you’ll get more traffic. And more traffic means more clients and more sales. So here are 7 SEO checklist for your e-commerce store:
1. Write Compelling Product Title and Descriptions
An e-commerce website has tons of pages. So writing unique product title (with target keywords) is a little bit of time-consuming task but it’s an important one.
Long and compelling products descriptions have a good impact on website conversion rate. Make sure you include some of the useful and relevant target keywords to make it search engine friendly.
2. URL Optimization
URLs are one of the most important aspects of SEO. It helps search engine to understand and crawl your website pages. On the other hand, it also improves your website user experience.
If you want more traffic to your e-commerce store then all product URL’s should be well optimized. some quick tips:
– Don’t use capital letters
– Include target keywords in product URL
– No special keyword
– Make it human readable
– Use hyphens (-) instead of underscore (_) in URLs
– Add mobile URLs to a sitemap
– Block admin and unsafe URLs with the help of robots.txt file
– Canonicalize your product URLs
3. Make Your Site Mobile Friendly
People are lazy. They don’t want to open their big PC’s and Laptop to browse the internet. Instead of it they’ll just take their phone and start browsing in it. So make sure your website is mobile friendly, if it’s not you’ll probably lose lots of mobile users.
Not only that, but Google has also decided to rank a website after checking its mobile version first. So it’s a smart decision to make your online store mobile friendly. You can test your website mobile version on Google’s free mobile testing tool. If it’s not mobile optimized yet then ask your developers to make it.
4. Avoid Copied Content
Google says duplicating content from other websites won’t help you to rank better on a search engine.
As we know that an e-commerce website has lots of pages, so these websites meet this issue a lot. People are copying the product descriptions from other manufacturers on their e-commerce site. Yes, by doing this they will save their time, but you can’t make Google fool.
5. Image Optimization
Optimizing your website product images is a simple and useful aspect for your SEO campaign. Image optimization provides lots of benefits for an online store. Some of them are:
Now let’s understand how we can optimize website images:
– By compressing website images using some “Image compression” tools like “Tinypng” and “Optimizilla“.
– By using relevant “ALT” tags
– By using best image format – JPEG, PNG, and GIF
6. Optimize Product Meta Title and Descriptions
Meta title and descriptions are part of HTML code and can be optimized separately for Google. Including your target keywords in product meta title and descriptions is a smart decision. Meta title and descriptions tell the search engine crawler what the page is all about.
The length of the meta title should be around 50-55 characters. and length of meta descriptions should be around 158 characters.
7. Fix Site Broken Links
On one side you are putting your hard time and effort to get better search ranking. But on the other hand, your site’s broken links can be the disaster for your online store.
Broken links are basically the page which shows “404 page not found” error. This happens because if you by mistake delete a page(product) OR you’ve changed the page URL. Then people might land on your broken page(product) and then they will see the broken page error(404 page not found error).
Having lots of broken links on a single site is a terrible idea. And you need to find and fix them as soon as possible. They put a negative effect on your site SEO. As a solution, you can use some FREE online “broken link checker tools”.
Other important points to boost your e-commerce sale:
1. Optimize your site’s home page
2. Use “Chatbot” for your e-commerce website
3. Use the power of Email marketing
4. Product reviews
5. Provide discount coupons
6. Speed up your website speed on mobile and desktop both
7. Add social sharing buttons
8. Give referral discounts
9. Featured top selling products on the homepage
10. Make your site layout clean and professional